Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Taste of Power: A Black Woman's Story by Elaine Brown





"A stunning picture of a black woman's coming of age in America. Put it on the shelf beside The Autobiography of Malcolm X"

Kirkus Reviews

"What Elaine Brown writes is so astonishing, at times it is even difficult to believe she survived it. And yet she did, bringing us that amazing light of the black woman's magical resilience, in the gloominess of our bitter despair."

Alice Walker


A Taste of Power: A Black Woman's Story is a memoir written by Elaine Brown. The book starts with her life from childhood and ends with her activism with the Black Panther Party.
"One night just before bed
She shocked me when she said,
What would happen if I died
‘Cause no one cared
When black girls cried-
Oh, Ericka, my little baby,
Ericka, my little child,
Ericka, there is no maybe,
I’ll change the world for you
In just a little while…"

No comments:

Post a Comment